Pacific Dental Services based in Irvine, Calif., has more than 850 affiliated practices across 26 states.
Here is are eight updates involving the DSO in 2022:
- Pacific Dental Services is now using Citrix DaaS, a cloud-based practice management platform.
- The DSO began using Envista’s AI-powered imaging software at its locations, then extended and expanded the partnership to include Spark clear aligners.
- It partnered with Commonwealth Primary Care ACO to provide integrated medical-dental services for in-network patients.
- Stephen Thorne, CEO of Pacific Dental Services, and his wife, Pamela Thorne, donated $4 million to Stockton, Calif.-based University of the Pacific to launch a teaching and patient care facility.
- Pacific Dental Services reached a milestone by producing more than 3 million same-day dental restorations at its partner practices.
- The Pacific Dental Services Foundation gave $80,000 in scholarships to 17 dental assisting students.
- Pacific Dental Services launched an integrated medical-dental practice in Las Vegas.
- The DSO raised awareness about the link between oral and heart health amid American Heart Month.